• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Union Street 1900's

gingerninja

knowlegable brummie
I would like to find a map which pinpoints Union Street around the 1900's on. My Great Great Grandfather, William George Jones, Stonemason had a small lock up shop at no 16 Union Street, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks gingerninja

Below is a 1901 map showing Union St. , running from High st on the left to new st on the right. Just below , but off the map is regent st. It ran approximately where Tollhouse Row now runs , according to google maps. On google Buttress Way can be seen. This would in 1901 have been the part of Cross St which was the other side of the railway track. On the 1901 map no 16 would have been on the north side between high st on the left and Cross st It may have been one of the terrace shown. I have marked the end 4 houses on the terrace in red, as one of these is the most likely to be no 16

Back