• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Unett Street Newtown

Thanks all for getting back, this is great.
I didn't know there were two Unett Streets, my grandmother would have been attached to the Smethwick one.
Eleanor Elizabeth Wood nee Allen born born about 1869 Walsall
the side where no 22 was looks to now be a large park area and in 1939 your grandmother was still at no 22 a widow...lots of records are on ancestry

lyn

Astoness your a star, I didn't realize she was still at Unett Street in the 1930's. So sad I am the last of the clan and there's no one to
share with. This lady has eluded me for years, well done you.

ann

Astoness your a star, I didn't realize she was still at Unett Street in the 1930's. So sad I am the last of the clan and there's no one to
share with. This lady has eluded me for years, well done you.

ann
hi ann here is the 1939 eve of war census showing your nan with what i presume is 2 of her sons burton and fred and a daughter olive..olives name wood is crossed out to give her married name which looks a bit like brittain...if you want anymore help and to save us going off topic just start a new thread under out surname interests section of the forum...

lyn

tna_r39_5257_5257c_013.jpg

Lyn, this brings back so many memories. Aunt Olive was indeed married by then to Ted Brittain. Burton Wood was always known as Uncle Tom, Burton was his grandmothers maiden name. The star of is grandma, she would never tell anyone her age and there it is in black and white.
Thankyou so much.

Back