• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

undated 20 pence coins

i can see that they are being sold on ebay at a high price but ive just heard on ed doolans show from an expert that they are not getting a high price now.

apparently at first collectors were paying £50 but have now realised there were more than they thought so now they are not paying much for them at all. perhaps they will be worth keeping for the future though :rolleyes:

just told our tom..hes now going through his stash of 20ps....:D:D

cheers..

lyn

I'm told its only the new 20 pence coin that they are looking for? Bill

I'm told its only the new 20 pence coin that they are looking for? Bill

Hi Bill,

It's the 2009 new style 20p piece with sort of half the royal standard on the back. They probably forgot that the old 20p, unlike most (all?) of the
other coins, had the date on the back rather than the front of the coin.
Unbelievable isn't it

Kind regards

Dave

Winston our son collects them and cashes them in once a year. Guess what that was last week when he reached £200. Oooops. Jean.

"Sorry, the item 180370987091 does not appear to be a valid number on eBay.com . Please go back and try again."

Is this a hoax then? £5800 did seem a bit high for a coin!

"Sorry, the item 180370987091 does not appear to be a valid number on eBay.com . Please go back and try again."

Is this a hoax then? £5800 did seem a bit high for a coin!

Hi Lloyd

That item is indeed a 20p coin sold after 75 bids for £5800. If it's true and there are 200,000 of them I think the buyer is going to be crying in his beer. The website is ebay.co.uk by the way.

Kind regards

Dave

Hi Bill,

It's the 2009 new style 20p piece with sort of half the royal standard on the back. They probably forgot that the old 20p, unlike most (all?) of the
other coins, had the date on the back rather than the front of the coin.
Unbelievable isn't it

Kind regards

Dave

Thanks Dave89,
I bet it would be like winning the lotto to find them, still I'm going through the grand kids money boxes. Bill

can someone just confirm what we are looking for..is it a 2009 20p with no date at all on...then im off to check me purse:D:D:D

lyn

lol mike...i am a little confused i must confess....is this a wind up and ive acted blonder than ever.....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

lyn:):)

they're still at it now:rolleyes: ones currently at £3,250 whilst another is currently £6.50

I reckon this is a government trick to get some money back in the treasury:D:D

someone is selling ten 20 pence coins with no date on the side of the queen.stands at about £106. ive got a tin full with no date on the queens side.what ive looked at dont seem to have the date on the side with the queen anyway. i think some people are bidding on the coins which are only worth 20 pence each.:D:D

After searching the places where all our spare change is thrown, I HAVE FINALLY FOUND ONE OF THE NEW 20P COINS. Unfortunately, it has the year printed on it. Just my luck. Barry.

Just sold one on ebay got £400 for it but the others aren't the same they have 2008 on them hadn't noticed had a senior moment.£400 is fantastic can't believe my luck.

Back