• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Uncle Len's Motorcycle

Status
Not open for further replies.

John M Weoley Castle

knowlegable brummie
Hello Old Mohawk, I know you are interested in old vehicle, My Uncle Len rode his motor bike with my Uncle Fred on the “improvised pillion seat” (don’t know what Dad Moore would have said about that) and travelled from their home in North Oxfordshire to visit my Mum and Dad when they lived in Fernbank Road 1920’s time. I do not know what the make or model was but I wish I owned it now. Picture attached. Any suggestions?

MCycle & Leonard at Fernbank Road.jpg

Attachments

• MCycle anf Fred Massey & 95 Fernbank Rd.jpg
    MCycle anf Fred Massey & 95 Fernbank Rd.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 18
Hi John - I'm afraid I'm not a motor bike expert and in a post click/here I posted a pic of an old motor bike not knowing what it was. About 4 posts later a forum member pointed me to the answer. In 1959 I had the chance to buy a motor bike and looked at BSA Bantam and a James, but ended up buying what can be seen click/here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back