• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

*uge Street, Birmingham

Jules65

master brummie
My Great Grandfather, George Heath, married Mary Ann Trotman on 25th December 1891. I cannot make out her address clearly on the copy of their wedding certificate. It looks like 34 Tuge Street. Can anyone offer any information at all on the correct name for this street and its location etc.

They were married at St. Jude's Church in Birmingham.

In the 1891 census Mary Ann Trotman was at 3 St Martin's Terrace - but that's not what you want!
Any chance of scanning and posting the certificate??

Here's a strange one - Also in the 1891 census there's a George Heath with wife Mary Ann at 16 Well Street, they are both 29 years old with 6 year old son George E J Heath and 2 y.o daughter Nellie E Heath.

In the 1891 census Mary Ann Trotman was at 3 St Martin's Terrace - but that's not what you want!
Any chance of scanning and posting the certificate??

I have just taken delivery of a new printer and scanner. Once I have got it up and running, I will try and scan an image for you.

Hopefully it will be fairly easy to set up.

BRIDGE STREET WEST.............off Summer Lane,Birmingham 19
and yes,Selina is on the next page!
Source Citation: Class: RG13; Piece: 2840; Folio: 44; Page: 31

Last edited:
Here's a strange one - Also in the 1891 census there's a George Heath with wife Mary Ann at 16 Well Street, they are both 29 years old with 6 year old son George E J Heath and 2 y.o daughter Nellie E Heath.

That is a coincidence. Thanks Lloyd. This is the trouble I am having researching this particular family. Heath is a very common name and they all seem to have the same christian names too!

Back