• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

UB40 in Brum

florence butler

master brummie
On Midlands today, there was a item about UB40 visiting Brum and being honoured with a Music Heritage Award - a plaque outside the Hare and Hounds pub in Kings Heath where they performed their first gig in 1979. One fan had travelled from Wales to be there.... This award apparently is quite rare as only seven other bands have ever received it.

Florence

I saw that as well Florence how lovely the pub now has a blue plaque.

Great accolade for the pub and the band - loved UB40 and met them a couple of times through a work mate who knew them they are great guys and brilliant musicians.
Sue

Back