• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Tye family

Debbie g

Robert tye born 1811 married to Nancy tye (was wheeler) born 1814. They lived at lower lawley street in 1861

Robert tye born 1811 married to Nancy tye (was wheeler) born 1814. They lived at lower lawley street in 1861
Robert Tye and Nancy Ann Wheeler were my Great Great Great Grandparents. Ironically I was researching where their grand daughter (Elizabeth Tye) lived yesterday in Aston Hall Road. The people on here were of enormous help. Is there anything I can help you with regarding the above? Are you related to them?

Mike they were also my ggg grandparents.
Elizabeth tye married mark tranter and they were my gg grandparents.
Fantastic to hear from you.

Interesting, I wonder if you subscribe to Ancestry, I have been communicating with two people descended from Betsy 'Elizabeth' and Mark Tranter (see images). My Elizabeth Tye descended from a Robert Tye, son of Robert and Nancy.

Attachments

• 1845_MarkTranter-Eb300.jpg
    1845_MarkTranter-Eb300.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 1852-1912_Betsy Tye-Ea-1-Enhanced.jpg
    1852-1912_Betsy Tye-Ea-1-Enhanced.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 1
Yes that’s my great great grandparents. I have that same photo.
So my connection is -
Ggg grandparents - Nancy & Robert tye
Gg grandparents - Elizabeth (tye) & mark tranter
G grandparents - George & Mary Jane (Hubble) tranter
Grandparents - William & Clara (selvey) tranter
Elizabeth and mark moved to Hednesford, staffs.
I am on ancestry and have recently completed my DNA. I’m currently working through all the connections. The Tranters were a massive family and it seems the tyes are too!

Ok I have done a DNA test with Ancestry too so we should connect. Do you know someone called K.... Barlow? She is also descended from Tranter/Tye and would be your 3rd cousin.
My connection is:
Nancy+Robert Tye
Robert Tye + Elizabeth Smith
Elizabeth Tye + Thomas Maull
Alice Maull
My father
Me
All very interesting stuff and quite a surprise and exciting to meet a relative on here.

Back