• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Tyburn Road Bus Works

oh that looks great froth...i totally understand why you are so chuffed..i was the same with the postal workers ww1 plaque...you must get down there and get a photo of yourself next to it...well done:):):)

yes froth well done TMW but dont forget if it was not for you the coat of arms would most certainly not be where it is today...just look at the size of it...:eek:..mission complete:)

well i certainly couldnt have put that in me bag and walked away with it froth lol

When the coat of arms was uncovered

Attachments

• 221387_47d7a630db3f4e53a0aaadc0a6b1cfab.jpg
    221387_47d7a630db3f4e53a0aaadc0a6b1cfab.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 42
Sadly many of the photos in the earlier part of this thread were lost. So if anyone has any please re-post. Many thanks.

Meanwhile here's a drawing of the Tyburn Road Omnibus Repair depot dated 1959. Viv.

image.jpeg

Mikejee has re-posted some photos which originally kicked off this thread - thanks for that Mike. There are many more still missing if anyone else can help. Thanks. Viv.

Hi All my cousin's Brian and Billy Kirton worked at Tyburn Rd in the 1970s from there Brian went to Miller St and Billy went to Liverpool St.Does anyone remember then.Irene

Hi All my cousin's Brian and Billy Kirton worked at Tyburn Rd in the 1970s from there Brian went to Miller St and Billy went to Liverpool St.Does anyone remember then.Irene
Some names I remember from Tyburn 73-74 while I was an apprentice there, Senior foreman Ron Parkes , Mr Parkes to us kids, other gaffers Bill and Steve Mason, Steve Gould. Bodyshop workers Arther Jones, Harry Smith, Johnny Lomas , Pete Bowen, Ken Hunt father of Steve Hunt villa player other people Fitters Dave Cornfield, Derek Yates collected buses, shunter Dennis Gillman and Dick Fulham villa fanatic steward at the villa .

Dave Cornfield is attending and now works out of headquarters, Dick Fulham left in 1986, Dennis Gillman went on to be a worker director and left 1995ish....I have heard of some of the others but do not know what happened to them.....myself started 1985 and still going ,now at Wolverhampton, via Walsall, Summer Lane, Perry Barr, Hockley....

Back