• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Tyburn Road Bus Works

I was thinking that it was Wood Lane, but it ain't...its Bromford Lane, the distance between there and Holly Lane is too far.......still its nice to see, plus I cannot see any buildings where the Bus Works were built on.....

I can see Holly lane canal bridge but there is no Wood lane bridge. Bromford bridge is next.

I though that it was Wood Lane, and the bus works.....but when I looked at the old race course on the right of the photo, it didn't seem to match up, so I gathered that I had got it wrong.....

The field in the photograph with the large "X" across it looks as though it could be what was to become the Dunlop sports ground, but I am not absolutely sure.

Where ?.......I can see one on Bromford Lane , one at Holly Lane and one crossing Kingsbury Road, trying to think where the works would have been on this photo, could be the third field down from Holly Lane.....the Dunlop playing fields were quite large and stretched from Holly Lane to Wood Lane Bridge....

just drove passed the bus depo, there were people on 2 inspection platforms and 1 high fork truck right up by the city of birmingham bage stone. did not have time to park up and have a closer look. will try to get back in the mornig to see what may or may not have gone on, kind reguards sidwho

They have got a stonemason in to get it down. Should take about 3 days to get it down

Sent from my HTC Wildfire

My wife has just phoned to tell me the coat of arms is down and l missed it cus I'm at work :-(

Sent from my HTC Wildfire

I have been told that the plan to knock down the wall that run allong side the Tyburn Road may now not take place on this Sunday and instead they will knock the wall down during the week the reason for the change in plans is because of the high cost that would have been incured with the closing of the Tyburn Road

Can anyone confirm this please as I do not fancy standing on the Tyburn Road with my boots blacked and the wind up my harris waiting for something that may not happen on Sunday

That is a brilliant photo. I have not seen that one before. Have they put new photos on that website? Must have a look.
My house is just out off the shot.

Back