• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Tyburn Road Bus Works

I would to thank publicly the site foreman for all his help for yesterday, I now have photos and video of the inside of the former works as well as the outside, if you are pondering why I have not posted them this is because I do like to have control over my photos, I will in due course be sending a few of them out to the usual edtors for publication, (bammot Ominibus, buses, ect ect )

I think that the saving of the Coat of Arms needs a bigger public view of the problem, what it needs is someone to e-mail the Evening Mail and (dispatch), the BBC, ITV, and any I have missed out, it would be a shame for the Coat of Arms to go on the missing list because the public were not told ,

To get the Coat of Arms safely onto the floor is set to be very expensive,

They have found what may have been bricks from a cottage? underneath the floor of the former works,

Can I ask members NOT to involve the media please. That's all I can say at the moment.
Cheers

Sent from my HTC Wildfire

The stores. Going

gaz4.jpg

Going

gaz3.jpg

Gone!

gaz2.jpg

I wonder what was there before the Bus garage? These bricks were found under where the Boiler House was.

gaz1.jpg

froth what you could do with is an overlap map done of what was on that ground before the garage was built..may give you an idea of what those bricks are all about...

lyn

I've got Jack Dromey, MP for Erdington on the case about the Coat of Arms. He is going to write to Colliers to ask them what they are doing about saving it?

The Coat of Arms is looking much cleaner now after all the rain:fat:

No replies off any of the media I've contacted yet but I have got the MP for Erdington Jack Dromey on side.....

mp.jpg

All that is now left of the works is the wall (and bits of the roof) that runs alongside the Tyburn Road as the extention that was put up in the 19060,s?/1970,s ? has now gorn

I have good news... The Birmingham coat of arms is going to be taken down safely. A stonemason is being brought in to take it down in segments. It should take 2 to 3 days and must be done by the 19th October because the wall will be coming down that weekend.
I have campaigned for years to save it and that day is nearly here. I pray for no mishaps
a_26_4447570e.gif

Many I am sure will greet this good news with pleasure. I wonder where its new home will be: a good one I hope.

I have good news... The Birmingham coat of arms is going to be taken down safely. A stonemason is being brought in to take it down in segments. It should take 2 to 3 days and must be done by the 19th October because the wall will be coming down that weekend.
I have campaigned for years to save it and that day is nearly here. I pray for no mishaps
a_26_4447570e.gif

oh well done froth...so pleased to hear that your efforts have not been in vain as i am quite sure that without your intervention this sign would have been skipped....i applaude you...:encouragement:

welldone.gif

I have just downloaded this photo from the "Britain from Above" website, and have been looking at all puzzled, thinking that it doesn't look right, wondering if there was a building on there before they built the works, another factory, just because it sit too far off Tyburn Road....., then the penny dropped, its pre dual carriageway.....if my brains were tnt, there wouldn't be enough to blow my hat off....

.EPW001103.jpg

the works are on the bottom left .....

I think you'll find that is the Aston Chain & Hook, bottom left.There is just fields where the bus works should be. Great photo.

I think you are correct......I have taken a closer look and I am incorrect....its the old Delta works ?, .....

Back