• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Two Emery Brothers

B

BernardR

I need to do more work but think these are two Emery Brothers from Bordesely Park Road.

Brothers_Emery_Maybe.jpg

this is the new memorial certificate produced by the cwgc one is for my uncle John william thomas emery.and the other is for my maternal grandfather michael stack
michael stack.jpgIMG_0003.jpg

Last edited:
hi michael ;
are your relatives in your tree originate from birmingham or have got got relies in gloucestershire
as i knew a kid from gloucestershire way back in time is name was david emery ;
and he lived in gloucestershire best wishes astonian;;

thanks for your reply Astonian, my emery relatives originate from shepton mallet somerset , then from kent , then back to somerset,then to bristol,then to sheffield,and finaly to birmingham small heath about 1910,i haven,t come across a David emery but you never know all the best michael

HI MICHAEL;
Many thanks for your replying and i think i had it wrong about the name david i think is name was mike as well
as i am going back many years now ; at this time i may be having what they call a senior moment ;
but the lad i knew was with the broad accent of the somerset and gloucestershire accent ; and he had abit of a beard and he had a motor bike ;
[ i used to say and quote to him often during the days; Oh i,ve got a brand knew tractor ] and imitateing the somerset accent]whilst saying it
i think what made me say david ;it was i knew david emery as well as in athletics in days gone bye ;when i was in the game ;
best wishes astonian;;

hi Astonian Thank you for your reply,but the only mike ,michael, or mick emery i,ve come across is me self and as you know us brummies don,t have an accent,
i think the david you refer to in athletics was david hemery slight different spelling, but all the best any way;
best wishes michael.

Hi mike ;
thanks for coming back ; after all said and done i have been searching through my loft yesterday;
and rumishing for certain documents and yes it was of course it was dave emery whom had reletives orinioanaly from somerset
and i ercall a couple of other friends used to rib him about the cider they make or used to make down there as the good old stuff being ver strong
and he was from gloucestershire he was a biggish lad he had blonde hair and a beard and with the strong accent
we last spoke in the mid sixtys
and yes you are correct on the spelling of the other hemery and the other runners i used to train with was stephen aylett ; tommy edmunds
and black well ; and pete powell from ross on wyre way back in those days
best wishes have a great day ; i am off to cheltham race corse today in the hunt for a bargain hunt ; Astonian, ;;;;;;;

Back