• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

TV Advertising Jingles (1950s-1960s).

One of the few-second-quickies - "Don't forget when it's wet, Kendal keeps you dry"
The there was the fantastic animations of dancinig shirts Rael-Brooke Toplin, the shirt you don't iron.

Ted

A friend of mine in Burton was telling me his grandson, not sure how old he was, used to sing "Trebor mints are a minty bit stronger, Stick em up your bum and they last a lot longer! Bernard, not the authorized version methinks

Mc Dougalls, McDougalls,
They make the finest flour,
The purest whitest and the lightest that's Mc Dougalls flour,
Their pastry is tasty,
The dough is rising too,
And what's the flour that never varies, that's Mc Dougalls too,
Mc Dougalls is the one and only flour for you.

"You're never alone with a Strand"

"Opel Fruits, made to make your mouth water"

"Someone isn't using Amplex" Cheating a bit, I think that was only a poster campaign

" Ring the bells with Christmas Timex, tickaticka Timex tra la la"

"The lady loves Milk Tray"

One thousand and one
One thousand and one
Get's rid of that work a day frown
One thousand and one
Cleans a big big carpet for less than half a crown.

"Put a tiger in your tank" (Esso). Remember the tigers tails which you could attach to the car aeriel?
"A Mars a day, helps you work, rest and play" Viv.

Bernard, it probably didn't do a lot for the over forties either. If it did, it would be even more useful today than ever.

Not sure if this was 70's rather than 50/60's - watch out watch out there's a Humphrey about - another milk marketing booard ad.
Also, again could be 70's - Topic a hazlenut in every bite - funny how I always remember right at the end (when the squirrel had eaten all of it)
Also the Smash adverts.
But like I said they could well all be 70's, I'm not that old lol - or at least that's what I kid myself!!!
Sue

"Only the crumbliest, flakiest chocolate. ... tastes like chocolate never tasted before". Hope you're all singing along. One of the greats, Cadbury's Flake. Viv.

"When the salmon fights in the Highland Stream,
"Men use Silvikrin Hair Creme".

"When the flag's gone down and the engines scream,
"Men use Silvikrin Hair Creme!"

God alone knows how I remember that, as I've never used hair-cream in my life!

"Don't forget the fruit-gums, mum!" I think that was Dennis Waterman!

When the ads come on these days, I mute. Except for the Go-Compare ads, which I think are great because they are taking the mickey out of themselves! I think....

G

Were these the ones that "Melt in your mouth, not in your hands"? Don't think they're around any more. Or have they been re-named? Viv.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355389761.904069.jpg

One that is annoying me at the moment is the current advert on TV for Flash, celebrating it's 50th year.
It is a new jingle/song made in old style but has never been used before - FAKE!

Back