• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Turner Family

D

debra

Hi!

I am researching mom's side of the family. Have had much luck with Dad's side. Dad's surname is New. Mom's was Turner. Her mother was Alice Brown, and her dad was Billy Turner. Mom was born November 23, 1923. She came over to America during the 1950's on the QE2.

Can anyone help me.

I am appreciative on any help.

Thank you. Cheers! Deb :)

When was your William (Billy) Turner born? I have a William Turner in my family tree, he married a Lydia Biddle, and they had 3 children:-

Lydia Rosina Turner 1855
Daid William Turner 1881
May Violet Turner 1888
May is my grand mother, but I am finding it very difficult to trace the Turners, so if you have any more info on your William Turner, let me know and lets see if there is a link of any sort.

Bev

Thank you for replying. You know, I only know that William Turner died some time in the 1950's. I, too, have had such a hard time researching the Turners. It seems it was a common surname. I don't know when my grandfather was born, but as I continue my question, when I find out anything I will post here.

Thank you very much. Deb

Deb, don't you just hate our rellies using such common names, I mean William and Turner together, there are loads of them in Birmingham from that time period, but my dads family were the worest Thomas Biddle, I have gone back several generations, and each one, I follow the Thomas line, what fun I've had, as each of mine have cousin Thomas's as well.

Bev

Love, I feel for you. And, you know, I wouldn't have minded but you think our relatives would have at least mentioned a bloody birthdate, middle name or town or something to be able to research the past. :yipi:

Hi debra

If you send for the marriage cert for William and Alice, details i posted on your other thread, you will at least find out their ages.

Also, do you think that is the right marriage for Alfred and Joan that i left details for

Bren

Deb, yep most inconsiderate of them, and the census takers weren't much help either in those days, they couldnt get the info correct most of the time, the amount of Ledbetters, that have been mis-placed because they spelt it differently with each family, it must be that some said it slightly different, accent or cold who knows, but that family have also given me a head ach...lol

Back