• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

TURNER and TAINTON

NIGEL TURNER

knowlegable brummie
Good evening everyone and a Very HAPPY NEW YEAR....OK , on checking on my family tree with TURNERS....im lead to believe that my Grand Mother was a LILIAN TAINTON ??? If this is spelt correctly....she Married my Grandfather CYRIL FRANCIS TURNER and their family were KENNETH FRANCIS (My Father) DEREK JAMES (uncle) AND jeanette (aunty)....im hoping that someone may be able to help me out a little more on my GRANDMOTHERS side of the family etc who her parents were and any other family connections.....Unfortunately.....This is all I have, no date of marriage or even date of Birth im afraid....Hope someone may be able to help me on this.....Thank you

That appears to be correct Kenneth, Derek and Jeanette are all listed with mmn Tainton.

Cyril F Turner and Lilian Tainton's marriage was registered Jun qtr 1939, Bham.

Lilian Tainton was the daughter of James Tainton and Florence Gardner, born either 3 or 31 January 1921.

James Tainton and Florence Gardner's marriage was registered Dec qtr 1919, Bham. For both of them t appears to be their second marriages, Florence is listed as Wassall.

Florence Gardner's first marriage to Henry Wassall was registered Jun qtr 1905, Bham.

James Tainton's first marriage to Louisa Scott was registered Sep qtr 1893, Bham.

James Tainton appears to have been born 1869 in Dudley and died in 1939 Bham.

Florence Gardner appears to have been born 1882/83 in Bham and died 1937 Bham.

They both had children from their first marriages.

Wow.....Thank you so much for that MWS really appreciate this as I did nt have any other details other than what I ve just put up.....This has really given me something now to Look on.....Thanks again I really appreciate this

Lilian appears to have had one full blooded brother and sister. James b and d 1922 and Gladys b 1924, who is living with her brother in law and sister on the 1939 register at 111 Bissell St.

Awesome update....again....Thank you so much for this MWS.....this is really putting some closure for me....As I said when I first joined this fantastic site....I ve been trying to find out about my family and who I am for the last 50 Odd years.....now....Thanks to some great people on here.....im finally getting some results....God Bless

Back