• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Tupperware

A

angeleyes

hi did anyof you have the famous tupperware and is it still going would love to know mary

I have indeed and yes it still works - I have quite a few peices. I seem to recall it was quite expensive to buy items of tupperware at the parties, and there was a big effort made to get people to hold further parties?

One of my first purchases was the lollipop maker

I used to love my tupperware rolling pin - you could fill it with cold water to roll excellent pastry, wasnt as good as the wooden one for hitting 'the ole man' with though.

I also had the item that the girl in the picture is demonstrating.......it was pale gree base with a white grater and clear lid...........'a must for all grated cheese lovers' :roll:

Like most of these parties - it was a 'girls night out', but also provided a little income for the woman hosting the party
Tupperware is still going - lovely thread Mary

owens-tupperware%20mid.jpg

I bought a Tupperware sandwich box in 1972 and I am still using it today :wink:

Dunno much about it meself, other than it's better if it bounces off yer 'ead empty! :shock: :?

Not third world... Lol

:D We also have Tupperware parties here in NZ, I have the item in the pic' too Sue and still use it a lot. Another thing I have is a Pickled onion jar , where the onions sit in a tray with a handle and you just have to pull them up, saves chasing them round the jar with a fork.The stuff is great when having the grandkids to BBQ"s as it will not break (not often anyway).
One of the best items I have it a 'Cooler Bin' as a gift for holding a party ( As you know by now I'm always up for a party :birthday: :lol: ) It is made of padded vinyl, years before that type became in to general use, as it was a special one off item sent from the States.
Chris :)

I've still got a colander. I used to have a mixer cup a sort of beaker with a lid, for cornflour or custard powder, but I used it so much it eventually split. :cry:

Great for a get together with your pals in the evening, when the children were young and in bed. :D

TopperWear

The oblong ones were great to put maggotts & groundbait in to keep em fresh & those little squarey ones were ideal for swim-feeders after you drilled small holes through them, & yes they do bounce higher if empty after colliding with ones head :oops: :wink: John

Yes i still have some tupperware containers that i still use :) Yes it was also a time to spend time with your friends away from the children :wink: Does any one remember Pippa Dee parties? The clothes seemed to last for ever i was able to pass the pyjamas from one son to the other and then to another member of the family to get some use out of them. :lol:

Sorry, Sue, tried to resist but can't: 8) Is that you in the piccy holding up the Tupperware bedpan? :roll:

Dementia is sad.............

Paul - let me get you some professional help luv.

I know you get confuddled at times (posting poems twice) :roll:
And I relise that you may have brain damage, if you have been hit around the head with flying objects over the years. :shock:
But really Paul, how come you are so disoriented to time??!! YOU KNOW that I wasnt even born when that picture was taken :p

Sue,

Let me get this straight; are you saying it's not you?

Coming back to topic: Tupperware was made in some Scandinavian country (Sweden was it)? There was a less successful British version, suprisingly called summat-else-ware. Can anyone enlighten me with the proper product name was?

Hey, to think how expensive that stuff was and now ice cream boxes serve the same purpose - well they do in our house and they don't hurt as much... well not unless the ice cream's still in them. :(

Watching the news today, I see Tupperware cleaned up by supplying all the ballot boxes for Iraq. :wink:

Ballot Boxes

Hi Paul M8

Did the Tupperware ballot boxes come in handy for the Iraqis to post their Kurds Awhey ?

Oooops sorry, Just couldn,t resist :oops: John

Back