• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Tudor street

There is a photograph of The Malt Shovel in Tudor Street in Peter Drake's book Winson Green and Brookfields - part of the Images of England series. My Uncle kept the pub till about the mid fifties; I do not know when he took it over but his wife looked after it while he was away fighting for King and Country.
Ted

I sent the first four years of my life there moved in 1975/6ish I would loved pictures if somebody has any.

hi ted ? i lived in heath st for some 30 years i know of the malt shovel pub used to play with a girl who lived at the pub about 1948/9 name was george( sire name ) does this ring a bell john B

Has onyone got any photos of tudor st windson green. The malt shovel franks store ? Please.

hi ted ? i lived in heath st for some 30 years i know of the malt shovel pub used to play with a girl who lived at the pub about 1948/9 name was george( sire name ) does this ring a bell john B
Hi there....I realise this is almost 10 years ago.. that little girl was my Auntie Brenda. Her dad, Bill George kept The Malt Shovel. Brenda’s brother Mick is my dad. She’s 87 now and still going xx

Back