• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Tubb

Hi everyone, my name is Simon McCabe, son of John and Yvonne McCabe, and my granddad is John Tubb (now deceased) of Jockey Rd married to Patricia Tubb (nee Cowley). I am trying to research my family tree and know that John Tubb had quite a few siblings of which I know were two brothers called Victor and Danny. I know his father was called Reginald and his mother was called 'Dolly' who Patricia Tubb (John's wife) said 'had something gypsy in her' but knew nothing else about her... I wanted to know if anyone has traced the family history and would be willing to help me out with any details at all. I never got to meet my Grandad's brothers or sisters and know nothing about them. I have some pictures of John Tubb with his mother Dolly Tubb and his brother Victor Tubb which I'm attaching to this post. If anyone has photos/information/know where people were born, died or where they are buried/anything like that I'd be really thankful for your help. Also if anyone can verify that Dolly was of gypsy original that would be great. Also was that her real name? I know she was married before hand too so if anyone knows anything about that, that would be helpful. Where were the black patch gypsys from? If there is any truth in the Dolly was a gypsy hear say I'd bet she was from Black Patch. I'd also be interested in learning more about more recent family e.g. John Tubb's brothers and sisters spouses and children. If anyone has any questions for me I'd be glad to answer what I can. Cheers, - Simon
The first photo #18 Pete said that is Danny Tubb seated. Jean.

Hi Linda.
I see your name in my list of relatives!
I don't know how much info you have but you are welcome to any that I have.either reply to this or send me a PM.
I haven't added anything for the last year and need a new incentive to carry on!
Pete Haylor-------Herbert & Sylvia----------Charles & Alice---------John Thomas & Mary----------Thomas & Francis--------John Hayler?1773

Hi there my grandad is danny tubb my mom is his daughter my mom is debi tubb got twin sister called donna and sister called tracy gail and my uncle carl and ricky they use to live on the bandywood in kingstanding and he was married to my name patricha tubb

Hi there daniel tubb is my grandad my mom is debi tubb who had a twin sister called donna and another sister called gail and tracy and also had a handicap son called carl which is now in. Wheel chair and another brother called ricky went to king rise school in king standing my grand ad married my nan Patricia tubb and had all the kids and lived on the bandy wood and my granddad had a brother called reg and vic he also work in ansells pub

Hi there my grandad is daniel tubb his daughter is my mom debi tubb also has twin sister donna tubb and gail and there's carl and ricky and tracy. My grandad worked in ansells club and he married my nan patricha and also had uncle called veg and vic

Hi my grandad is daniel tubb who married my nan patricha tubb my mom is debi tubb also had a twin sister called. Donna and there was gail and tracy aswell to and my grandad had 2 sons called carl and ricky my grandad also worked in the pub

John TUBB came from the Erdington side of Kingstanding. (Short Heath ?) He married my mother's cousin Rita WHEALE. They lived in Erdington during the 60's & 70's, moving to Southampton in the 80's. John was a Bookie in Erdington, Rita worked in Boots, both the old & new shop. John has recently retired. They have two children and 4 grandchildren.

Hi Kevin - you didn't have brothers called Darren, Robert and John and Peter, and a sister named Alison did you?
Heanor Croft - Aston?
Peter (and his wife Carol) lived in Nechells, Alison in Northfield.

Back