• Welcome to this forum Guest. We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Trying to identify and address in Hamlets of Duddeston and Nechells

mayne-knott

proper brummie kid
Can anyone help in identifying an address? Census details are RG11/3207. The address has been squashed into a small line and looks to be Ashted? Row. Other details are BK 65 Hs4. Many thanks for any help.

ladylinda

master brummie
It will be Ashted Row!
If you put the street name into the search box,there are quite a few threads mentioning it.

mayne-knott

proper brummie kid
Many thanks lindyloo for your replies to this and my earlier posts. It fits as the person the census was a cooper and would have quite probably worked at Holbrookes Vinegar Factory which used to be on the corner of Dartmouth Street and Ashted Row (I think???). Also many thanks for the link to the old map site.

mayne-knott

proper brummie kid
Sorry I got your name wrong in my earlier reply ladylinda - must have had a senior moment - have a few of them at times.....

lindyloo

master brummie
Many thanks lindyloo for your replies to this and my earlier posts. It fits as the person the census was a cooper and would have quite probably worked at Holbrookes Vinegar Factory which used to be on the corner of Dartmouth Street and Ashted Row (I think???). Also many thanks for the link to the old map site.
I replied to your other post mayne-knott, with the map link and you are very welcome :)