• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Links: Sites with Brum photos

Thanks Jenny. O0 That's just occupied another two hours of my day. What's it gonna be like when it's finished?
thud.gif

I spent an hour and got to page 10 of 90 odd. Thanks Jennyann, the quality of the photo's is stunning.

That's a great site Jenny,
Just spent TOO much time looking at it,
then got timed out, :(
but you can bet your cotton socks,
I shall return O0

Nice one postie..............I think I saw Dave Bricks Yaris on there too.........

Thanks postie! :-\ You just got me a slap round the ear for ignoring everything while I browsed that lot. :tickedoff:

But I can take it. :coolsmiley: ... good find. O0

Jim Mate,
That's a good site to look at,
Thought I saw one or two of the BRA wimmen
on there!!!!!
>:D :laugh: :laugh: O0 :2funny:

crumbs, I've been on this site looking through the albums for ages...I'll have to come back and say hello to everyone later.
Very good by the way..the B'ham one..

You can now take them yourself, for anyone that hasn't got- windows live local -it's well worth downloading.
All of Birmingham is covered by birds-eye view, and it's brilliant as you can see by the attached photos I took off my computer of Cromwell St. and St Mathews church.
You can also change the direction of view allowing you to see it from all angles, you'll spend days on this I promise you.
Anyone that already has it, in the words of the Billy Eckstine song, I Appologise.
Enjoy

I use Microsoft's Live Search, puter too old for Google's site. I haven't tried it for ages until yesteday. It is very much improved, I couldn't believe how clear everythig now is. :)

I must get mine back off Steve of some taken from the parapet of Aston church of the Villa grounds and Aston Hall. I was there at the time as a child and petrified.:stressed: Jean.

Jean, how far up the Aston Church tower did you go? I would imagine there is a door to the outside from where you were on the parapet. The Vicar used to climb up inside the spire to look out to the footpaths and see who was coming to church. This is going back a very long way. The photos would be great to see.

Jenny I was only a tot and remember going up the winding concrete steps that were worn in the middle. I was so frightened that it was as if it was yesterday. Went to the square bit no higher. Would not be able to go that far today i suppose with health and safety. Phoned Steve and he will sort them out for me. My knees knock just thinking about that day.:stressed::stressed::stressed: Jean.

Back