• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Tropicana Pet Shop Winson Green

annie54

proper brummie kid
Hi, Would love to hear from anyone who has memories of this pet shop, which was near the top of Winson Green Road. Photos would be brilliant as well! I'm particularly interested in the 60's, when the late Mike Corbett worked, and later ran, the shop.
Thanks for your interest!
Anne

The pet shop is of particular interest because my late partner ran it. He used to tell me all his exploits there!
I've got a picture of him inside the pet shop flat but not the outside. I worked in the area as a community worker in the early 80's but the urban renewal programme was taking place and those shops had gone. I'm a regular browser of Ted Rudge's Winson Green site and the Friend's Reunited places pages-so far I've found 2 pictures of Mike when young, which is great!
Thankyou for your help.
Anne

Back