• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Trolley Bus

Modern trolley buses can run a considerable distance "off line" so wouldn't cause this type of hold-up. They certainly don't need the infrastructure that has taken so many years to install around the city centre for the trams.

The second photo of trolley buses does not suggest a delay due to the buses as they would have been able pass once the one, that apparently skidded, was dewired. The photo does seem to suggest re-wiring and an attempt to get going again

The second photo of trolley buses does not suggest a delay due to the buses as they would have been able pass once the one, that apparently skidded, was dewired. The photo does seem to suggest re-wiring and an attempt to get going again
Welcome back, trust you are well, thanks Viv your pictures worked a miracle
Bob

Just seen a couple of pictures on Facebook of Brum trolley buses, I notice that the bus stops are hexagonal, was this the norm. I remember riding on the Coventry Rd trolley buses but no memory of hexagon bus stops.

Just seen a couple of pictures on Facebook of Brum trolley buses, I notice that the bus stops are hexagonal, was this the norm. I remember riding on the Coventry Rd trolley buses but no memory of hexagon bus stops.
Yes, Trolleybus stops were hexagonal, tram stops were oblong and bus stops were round. Even Midland Red bus stops in the Birmingham area were round!

Trolleybus Stop, Coventry Rd (close up) .jpg

I have this old photo I look about 5 or 6 years old I was born in 1933 my sister is three years younger, I think it is in the Yardley Sheldon area but in the background is a TROLLY BUS!!

Attachments

• 120508535_2860517364048281_7693947472795951242_n.jpg
    120508535_2860517364048281_7693947472795951242_n.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 18
Back