• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

triumph & bsa motor bikes

mw0njm.

A Brummie Dude
since all the pics were hijacked it would be nice to have some back on the forum.here is a pic of a Triumph
t350.now in storage in bethesda n/wales
triumph.jpg

Agreed mwO, it would be nice to have a few pics back. Admittedly this isn't my photo - I have an old photo that I need to scan in - but I had one of these beauts back in the day, wish I kept it now but that's easy to say in retrospect. Absolute gem of a bike, lived up to the BSA reputation of a sore backside after too long in the saddle mind!

Still, the design on bikes like these are a pleasure to behold and a real win for British design!

bsa_1965_beagle_75cc.jpg

Last edited:
Some of these little bikes are works of art as is this one. Have no idea about durability but the engine seems nicely designed...pivoting front forks seem a bit dodgy though. If the pressed steel work stood up maybe a cult machine now ?...like the old Tiger Cub.

hi gang ; does anybody recall the big wage robbery that took place there way back in the seventys
was you working there at that time ;
it had to be the biggest robbery in brum that ever taken place alan

Hi Astonian

I think it was 1967 or thereabouts and I think they got something like five years each. I'm pretty sure the BSA had closed it's doors for the last time by the end of 1971.

Phil

I understand that the little Beagle had a few mechanical problems in the engine department and handling was an issue but I think that the pressed steel frame design is mechanically elegant. The engine appearance is also great. Oh ok...not for the bikers of this world but nice for a small footprint. Stay on thread please.

Hi Phil
how are you fine i hope ; nice to hear from you again ;its been a long time since i last spoke to you
thanks for the reply ;i never heard how long they got never yet being caught still considering the vast amount the money they robbed
it would have caused inconveinence to the employees i would have imagined dont you think
they would have had to wait for the company to replace there wages which it employed hundreds and hundred of employees ;
if they had gone before judge argle they would have got alot longer ;do you know if it was brummie gang or the out siders
do you know or remember the thursday pay day gang that operated within birmingham and it was every thursday with out fail and they alwaysknocked off cortinas for there robberies which was with out fail every thurs day thats why they called them them the thursday gang
because of the money vans being done i expect the police dreaded the thursdays i wonder if any of our retired policeofficierson our forum ever dealt with these jobs it would be intresting to hear from them i think ; phil take care and have a great day ; best wishes alan ;; astonian;

Back