• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Trip back home

calibra250

master brummie
Hope OK to post here am related to Charles Pedley I am coming up from Cornwall to meet for first time Mt cousin Jackie pedley coming to brum to see the grave of my grandfather's first wife and childeren who died in a fire in brum I think 1927 if there is any one that thinks they are related please get in contact perhaps to meet on this trip or future coming up 3rd 4th 5th June next month short notice I know but there will be other times regards to all martyn

Hello all well I made.it up stayed at Telford made trip to meet my cousin Jackie we went today to written cemetery to see my grandfather's first wife's grave with childeren that died due to house fire a moving day returning to Cornwall tomorrow but when here it felt like home

Yesterdaywe went to the bullring Lynn wanted to shop talking to a young girl serving I said a few changes have been made yes she said new changing rooms I smiled it was 1967 when I last went to bullring it was like small stalls not as it is now I remember gold fish in bags hanging up I was 6 I think before we moved to Ireland for 5 years

Yesterdaywe went to the bullring Lynn wanted to shop talking to a young girl serving I said a few changes have been made yes she said new changing rooms I smiled it was 1967 when I last went to bullring it was like small stalls not as it is now I remember gold fish in bags hanging up I was 6 I think before we moved to Ireland for 5 years
yes martyn many changes over the years and still changing...glad you both enjoyed your trip back to brum and well done for finding your way around :D

lyn

Four and half hours drive 30 mins coffee break at services we got home to pouring rain two very loving cats that missed us so cup of tea lit the fire Lynn unpacking she can't leave it and talk of next time we are coming up she wants to see more of written cemetery I recall being there as a small boy 5 poss 6 so strange very families mother took me but to remember that after 50 odd years we'll 58 if your counting but the small church all locked up deralict what's happened to that and there must be more of my relatives buried there I need to find them how do I go about finding out?? Need to find Thomas pedley grave died 2006 help please so maybe later in the year I am coming back to see cousin explore more I intend to go back on ancestry to find my father's family hope that goes well ‍‍ any way thanks to all for help m

There's a record for a Thomas Pedley Feb 2006 at Sutton New Hall Cemetery. Could be a burial or a cremation.

Back