• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Tribute to our own Raymond Froggatt

Mayfield

Burbury Brummie
I was amazed that we did not have a thread for Birmingham's own Raymond Froggatt...

Listen to this, he is great live............. :)

[ame="https://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=CRs8tCsE_y8"]YouTube - Raymond Froggatt "Don't Let Me Cry & lucy mae"[/ame][ame="https://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=CRs8tCsE_y8"][/ame]

Thank you for that Mayfield, never heard of him before sounds a tad Country and Western, COOOOOOOOOOL I LIKED IT...Cat

Thank you for that Mayfield, never heard of him before sounds a tad Country and Western, COOOOOOOOOOL I LIKED IT...Cat

Froggies songs have been recorded by the Dave Clark Five, Cliff Richard, Gladys Knight, The Byrds and a French film star called Mari Lafforette, plus top American country music stars including George Hamilton IV.

Froggy has toured with Rod Stewart, ELO and Country stars such as Tammy Wynette, Glenn Campbell, Don Williams, Billie Jo Spears and was voted top male singer by the British Country Music Association for six years in a row. :)

WOW.... What a portfolio, unusual for me not to have heard of him, i am a music freak love most music, takes you everywhere you want to go. Thanks for the intro...Cat

Mayfield, you can go to the top of the class. I worked on the door in Handsworth when Froggy was a novice and I have follwed him ever since. My wife likes him and my son has everything he has recorded. We go to one of his shows at least once a year. We are going to see him at The Prince Of Wales Theatre in Cannock in Novermber. A friend of mine was his drummer for years but he got fed uo of moving about because prior to being with Froggy he was resident drummer on QE2. He now has a drum school and Frggies drummer is a young woman and she is very very good. His lead guitar is Hartley Caine who has been with Froggy since the very begining. Froggy is still as good as he ever was.

I think that I've said this before on this forum, that Froggatt always brings back happy memories to me. Especially Red Balloon, Callow-la-Vita, 1968 (in a Paris park) as in the 1968 I was in a French team based in Paris and my publicity photos in my 'rainbow' jersey (see my link) were all recorded in a Paris park, 1968. So there the strong connection with that song.

Cadeau, you may already know this. Froggy writes every one of his songs himself. Every song he has ever written is based on either a personal experience, or one of someone he knows. several are writen about his guitar players children who call Froggy Grandad. I think everyone can relate at least one of his songs to an experience they have had.

Cadeau, you may already know this. Froggy writes every one of his songs himself. Every song he has ever written is based on either a personal experience, or one of someone he knows. several are writen about his guitar players children who call Froggy Grandad. I think everyone can relate at least one of his songs to an experience they have had.

I think that my favourite has to be 'In memories of you'. Unfortunately it isn't on You Tube..........

One of the greats. I was on the door, briefly, at the Queens Erdington in the late sixties when they used to have some first rate live groups on.

nickcc101, I remember the Queens, I worked for Carlton Johns Agency AKA Mothers. Although I was not at Mothers that often because they ran venues all over the wider Bham area. Happy days.

Froggie will be at the below 1930

24th October 2017 PRINCE OF WALES,CANNOCK ☎01543 578762

Back