• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Trevor Street & St Clement's Road, Nechells

R

researcher46

The Pearsons owned a flourishing demolition contractor's business and were reportedly very wealthy, living in Trevor Street, Nechells. There was a grain store and other buildings and at the bottom of the street were stables for their horses. The family, although not Roman Catholics, supported the nuns of St Josephs. George Pearson, son of Benjamin Pearson, resided in St Clement's Road, building a double fronted house at the top of the road. There were buildings and barns for grain, hay and carriages. Stables were for trotting ponies and horses which were supplied to the army for exercise on Salisbury Plain. From a recent visit to the area, it is now industrial units. Can anyone provide any photos or information of this area prior to the industrialisation or St Josephs? Thank you.

Interested names: Pearson, Gwynne, Foster or Forster

Hi Reseacher46......I have a few Benjamin Pearsons in my tree.....? my 3rd great grand father was Benjamin Pearson born Oldbury cira 1800 his wife was Agnes, Rose Hannah born 1832 my 2nd great grandmother married John Neild....as far as I am aware they all lived around Bordesley,Nechells areas.....,I do know that my Pearson research contains a few errors with William Pearson born 1848ish, which I have yet to rectify......I aslo think that my Pearsons were coal dealers......are you with genes reunited and have we ever contacted each other...I have had that many people contact me I have forgotton who is who.....John K Colin

The Pearsons of Trevor Street & St Clement's Road, Nechells

Hi John

Thank you for your reply. Yes, we have made contact briefly I think through Genes Reunited and ancestry.co.uk. My Pearson family tree is on ancestry.co.uk and I know I have given you access. I descend from George Pearson (my great great grandfather), son of Benjamin Pearson born Oldbury circa 1800. Am trying to find information of the area in which they lived as it is now industrialised and really run down :( Regards, Judith.

NB This is my first time on this site. I have posted a few messages over the last few days.

Hi Judith......Ta for the reply.....welcome to the site.....this is where I spend most of my spare time instead of correcting my family tree.....you will find most of the forum members friendly and helpful.....it covers a wide range of subjects so with any luck any questions you have we might have the answers.....regards John

Hi all, I came across your posts whilst researching 13 St Clements Road Nechells where my Grandparents Flo and Tom Granger lived in the 1960s. Does anyone remember them or the sweet shop my great Grandmother worked in/owned? I think she was Alice Moores nee Ingram

Regards

Shirley

Hi all, I came across your posts whilst researching 13 St Clements Road Nechells where my Grandparents Flo and Tom Granger lived in the 1960s. Does anyone remember them or the sweet shop my great Grandmother worked in/owned? I think she was Alice Moores nee Ingram

Regards

Shirley
Hello shirley. My grand parents lived in St Clements Road, & I used to go to visit them nearly every day. I do remember A sweet shop on the bend of st clements road, & was always given money by my granddad to go to buy some sweets from that shop. The lady that was serving,always gave me extra sweets. Such a lovely lady.

Back