• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Treadwell's Shoe Repairs Ryland Street

Sandra F

knowlegable brummie
Does anyone have any info on Treadwells? My father was apprenticed there after leaving Marston Green Cottage Homes in 1928.

Are there any apprenticeship records in any of the archives?

Thanks

Does anyone have any info on Treadwells? My father was apprenticed there after leaving Marston Green Cottage Homes in 1928.

Are there any apprenticeship records in any of the archives?

Thanks
I've only just seen this, so sorry for the late reply. My grandfather was Harry Treadwell. I'm not sure when he retired but he died in the 1970s. He was at sometime, the Master Cordwainer and for a very long time the chairman of the (I'm not sure of the exact title) boot and shoe wages council and was awarded the MBE for services to the boot and shoe trade.

When I worked for Ryland Garage in Ryland street we had a Mrs Treadwell and her Daughter working there, this would have been the early sixties.

Back