• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Tramp.

G G Jean

Brummy Wench.
Tramp was a rescued dog that had been kicked from pillar to post until my friend Jean Fisher took him on and rehomed him. Her son in law is Tim Partridge the vet who moved to Tewksbury. Thats where our little dog came from. Jean raised money towards his vets bill in Brum as no one would insure him because of his age and Ill health. He had a happy 5 years with an elderly lady who is heartbroken after he had to be put to sleep two weeks ago. The good thing that has happened since a little bag of bones bitch turned up in Pype Hayes two days later and guess what. Jeans neighbour is having her and she is going to be speyed next month when she has built up her strength. Will keep you posted. Jean. ps. Jean has raised £55 already for the new girl.

Lovely story and photo, we have just given a home to an older dog, we can tell she has been ill treated because sometimes when we go to stroke her she cowers down expecting a belt, we are giving her lots of love and slowly she is beginning to realise that not all people are cruel.
We have called her Flossie after one of our other dogs now long gone.

It makes me cry when I see photo's of dogs who have been ill treated, You can see their previous lived etched on their faces. Bless them all.

Tramp was one of the many dogs that are abused, but he was a lucky one in the end he found a very caring home and at least have a good 5 years of peace and enjoyment, without fear. My little Bobbie was abandent by his other owner on the streets of surrey British columbia,he was mated and thin and smelled to high heaven. he was pick up by the spca when we got him, we took him home clean him up and he was with us for 8 or 9 years, then we moved to Nova Scotia , we put him out one day for his evening wee and he got off his leash and wander away we looked for weeks but no sign of him, the thing here is that we have coyotes,racoons, and bears and i pray to this day he found a good home and was not killed by these critters. I miss him so much
annie

Darby what a beautiful dog. My mom always spoke of her first dog as a child and she was called Flossie. Our old dog Sandy was from Kinlet animal sanctuary where I used to be a volounteer. She used to tremble and shake and it took a couple of years to win her over. She did not like men and Pete won her over with bits of beef sausage which was her favourit. We nicknamed her Sandy susage. She was at least 19 when she had to be put to sleep. She had a hysterectomy at the age of fifteen and came back fighting. You never forget them do you?. GGJ.

Hi Norma

I do try to think of Bobbie in a home happy and cared for, but then its hard too cause i wish he was back here with me, he was a comfort a friend and my best buddie we went ever where on long walks trips and just veged out together ..losing him was like losing a family member.

annie

Hi Annie. I remember you told me about how you miss Bobby and I can see why by his photo. He looks the sort of dog that if you saw him wondering you would pick him up and take hime. I do sincerely hope that is what happened to him. Will write to you in the morning [our time] and let you know about my friends ducks. Some sad news. Jean.

Back