• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Tram Terminus

W

Wendy

I don't know any details about this picture perhaps someone does?

I think theres another photo on the Forum from a different angle:)

Yes, it's the three-way junction at Salford Bridge, now sheltered by Spaghetti Junction, probably in the last few weeks of operation in 1953, when everyone was taking pics. The picture was taken from just about on the bridge, with Gravelly Hill slightly to the right, and Slade Road on the left. Tyburn Road was off the picture, way out right.
Here's another pic I took in June 1953, just before the end.
Peter

Swung around that corner many a time upstairs on the tram way back when going eiither way into Slade Road or out over the canal brudge on the way to town. Always lots going on there. Nice to see the photo again.

Back