• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Tram #2 and #26

Bob Davis

Bob Davis
Amongst other items found during my loft search was this card.

Attachments

• Tram Picture Front.pdf
    301.9 KB · Views: 34
  • Tram Picture back.pdf
    183.4 KB · Views: 16
Converting the picture to a jpg is no problem but the wording on the back indicates that it is copyright so I would need moderator's advice before reposting

A nice card, but sadly a distortion of facts. Tram route 2 to Erdington was never any where near Soho Road/Grove Lane. Route 26 did go to Oxhill Road until 1939 then replaced by 70 bus route. Actually tram routes 2 and 26 were on nodding acquaintance - albeit from the front of Snow hill station across to Steelhouse Lane. ;)

I don't see why it cannot be uploaded stating that it is a painting by the artist. Looking at picture on the pdf it is the same junction (but not same view) as seen in a pic in the first post of the 'Soho Road Handsworth' thread
View attachment 116068
index.php
The one comment I would make is that the blue colour on the trams is wrong but maybe it faded during it's stay in the loft.

I agree O M. It really needs the qualification you suggest. This Forum has a respectability for accurately recording the history of Birmingham and I know great efforts are made by most Members for that accuracy.

Mohawk is quite right, its ok providing we acknowledge the artist, thank you...

Back