• Welcome to this forum Guest. We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Tram #2 and #26

jukebox

Engineer Brummie
Converting the picture to a jpg is no problem but the wording on the back indicates that it is copyright so I would need moderator's advice before reposting

Radiorails

master brummie
A nice card, but sadly a distortion of facts. Tram route 2 to Erdington was never any where near Soho Road/Grove Lane. Route 26 did go to Oxhill Road until 1939 then replaced by 70 bus route. Actually tram routes 2 and 26 were on nodding acquaintance - albeit from the front of Snow hill station across to Steelhouse Lane. ;)

oldMohawk

master brummie
I don't see why it cannot be uploaded stating that it is a painting by the artist. Looking at picture on the pdf it is the same junction (but not same view) as seen in a pic in the first post of the 'Soho Road Handsworth' thread
The one comment I would make is that the blue colour on the trams is wrong but maybe it faded during it's stay in the loft.

Radiorails

master brummie
I agree O M. It really needs the qualification you suggest. This Forum has a respectability for accurately recording the history of Birmingham and I know great efforts are made by most Members for that accuracy.

postie

The buck stops here
Staff member
Mohawk is quite right, its ok providing we acknowledge the artist, thank you...