• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Book : "Tracing Your Birmingham Ancestors"

ChrisM

Super Moderator
Staff member
This book has, I think, only appeared in the last week or two: "Tracing Your Birmingham Ancestors - A Guide to Family and Local Historians" by Michael Sharpe. It may or may not have hit the libraries yet.

I mention it only because it looks to me, as a non-genealogist, like a valuable sort of bible for anyone embarking on family history research in the city - or as a useful checklist of available resources for more experienced researchers.

Chris

Back