• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Tracing relatives

R

Robert Barker

:( Can anyone help trace relatives or offer any information as regards my maternal grandparents.I have recently,for the first time ever,seen my mother`s birth certificate.It states that she was born in 1915 at Ward Street in what is now Aston,Birmingham.Her father is listed as Benjamin Pollard and her mother as Frances Annie Pollard - late Tregay,formerly Hart.I have tried every official avenue to get certificates for my maternal grandparents (B, M and D )but until I can supply dates they are unable to help.I`ve been to the Central Library to check the records but found nothing.My mother`s address at marriage (1935) is 81 Lyncroft Road,Hall Green,Birmingham and an Annie Tregay is also listed as living here.There is an Annie Pollard on the marriage certificate as a witness along with a Doris K Ashford.On what I can only assume is an Electoral Roll for 1920 there is a Pollard and a Tregay listed as living at 3 Court,36 Newtown Row,Aston who I`m sure must be connected in some way.My mother died in 1960 at Bertha Rd,Greet (my place of birth in 1946) aged 44.Any help please would be appreciated.Thank you.Bob (01827 873714)

Hi Bob

I hope your search for relatives is going well. I notice that you were born in Bertha road, Greet. I grew up in a house on the corner of Tomey and Albion roads. I am trying to source as many old photographs of Greet as possible and was wondering if you have any of your house in Bertha road.

Regards

Paul

Hi Robert I know this is an old request I have just found this on Free BMD not sure if it's any help.
Marriage June Quarter 1893
Hart Annie
Tregay William Francis L
Camelford Vol 5c Page 23

Hi

I have Hart in my tree, the only Annie I have found was my grandfather's youngest sister b 1900. I do not know any details about her. That is not to say that there is not another Frances Annie in the next generation as I have only found 3 siblings and the Harts were of Irish descent!! Interestingly my late uncle was christened Francis Hart.

There is one birth in Q4 (Dec) 1913 of a Benjamin Tregay (Hart mother) Birmingham 6d 399, unfortunately he did not live long and died in Aston Q2 1914 6d 653.
Best wishes Sue

Back