• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

tracing a person thru there army records..need help.!!!!!

heathy72

master brummie
can anyone help me out or point me in the right direction please...
my grandad was in the duke of cornwall light infantry and i believe i may have his army number
it is 5433733 .at the time of the search his rank was lance corporal.
how would i go about looking up his army records,if at all i cud do...thanx..xx:beam:

Can you give us a name and DOB and any other information that might help.

Colin

hiya..my grandad's name was samuel heath,im pretty sure hs date of birth was 15th january 1908..
he died 1977.
he was married to kate matilda heath nee hipkiss.at one point he once lived at 86 ashted row and im pretty sure he was linving in marsh lane ,erdington when he passed away.
at the time these records were found he was a lance corporal in the D.C.L.I.....2nd batallion,
it was only recently that i found this lot out,all thanx to shera on this forum site,to which im really grateful for...i wud like to know as much as poss about my grandad including his army life.
i wud be so gratefull for any info or help u can give me...thanx.x

Heathy72. I hope you find out the info you so desire, im trying to find out about my Dads army life. Good luck Max

thanx max..
i wud really luv to find out about my grandads army life,as he passed away when i was very young so i barely remember him,unfortunatly...
and im trying to think how old he wud of been when he enlisted,from what i was told he lied about his age to get in the army,.xx

healthy72 Try contacting : Army Personnel. Centre Civil Secretariat. Historic Disclosures. Mail Point 400, Kentingem, 65 Brown Street, GLASGOW G2 8EX / phone 0141 224 2826 /Military (9) 4561 2826
hope this helps
brian

Healthy 72. The following address is the remains of the DCLI HQ.
The Duke Of Cornwalls LI Museum
The Keep
Bodmin
Cornwall
PL31 1EG

01208 72810. If you give the last name and poss DOB they can tell you his medal's and his service No.
paul

Back