• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Toyah Wilcox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never been a fan derek. Do admire her for overcoming her prominent lisp though. This would have put a lot off from acting or singing.

She was always a little different before there were Punks, she used to come through the indoor market when she was in Drama school in about 1976/77.
I remember she wore a long black cloak and dyed her hair different colours and always smiled so prettily at everyone

She overcame a lot of problems in her life being born with a twisted spine and suffering dyslexia.

A nice young lady.

I don't think Toyah came from a particularly wealthy family. Her father owned a small woodworking company on The Slough Studley making novelty standard lamps with a spinning wheel attached to the bottom, with separate little stools. He used to take them around to shops to sell. I know because I used to buy them off him and sell them in my lighting shop. Many years later when I visited my 2nd husbands sister, I noticed one of the stools on her landing which she had bought off me 30 years earlier. He was always a very friendly gentleman. I always admired Toyah for being her own person.

hi lillilady and friends
I have to agree with lilli ; she is a star ; and of great prestige as a singer cabarlet no she is not of the punk style now she is smartly and fashioned dres to the nines

as i have sauid i knew her when she was young in one of my old threads when then she lived in edgbaston many , many years ago , best wishes astonian;;

Last edited by a moderator:
Surprised that she's the star in the family according to the local paper. Would have thought her husband deserved a bigger credit.

Last edited by a moderator:
She has been married to Robert Fripp for a long time, but supposedly they lived in different countries at one time, USA and UK. I saw them recently on TV together and they looked very happy.

A Sparks,Astonian perhaps you would like to continue this conversation by person message.Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back