• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Topless barmaids in brum

i used the monica. and i never saw any , but they did on a sunday dinner time ,i was told.
i thought it was the jigsaw club.

Last edited:
Pete

I never used the Monica in my life, but I'm sure I remember topless barmaids being advertised there and also strip shows on a Sunday Dinner time being advertised, perhaps it was somewhere else I saw it advertised then. Also I'm pretty sure I remember topless barmaids being advertised at the Hunter Moon, another pub I passed many times but can't ever remember using.

Last edited:
Does anyone remember the first pub to have topless barmaids in brum

i used the Monica in the early 70,s and lived in little Green Lane. With a degree of confidence i believe the first topless barmaids were at the Atlas pub - Bordesley Green, i remember it caused quite a neighbourhood stir., the Monica used to do Sunday strip show, i remember this well, trying to keep my now husband out of there on a sunday....

Back