• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

tonks graves birmingham

T

tonksbeeston

my g gran was louisa tonks father charles tonks
lots of genrations lived worked and died in the area wouls love any pictures info
or any one still in the area thanks

Hi I am reserching Tonks line too, I have two Charles Tonks, one is B. 1887 but died in France at Flanders other is b.1867 son of Fredrick and Harriet Tonks, I don't have details of any children for him but his great Grandfather was John and Grandmother Sarah Tonks. Don't know if of any help, but just thought I would try. There are a lot of Tonks lines around as I'm sure you will have realized. Let me know if this rings any bells, if not best of luck reserching Maria (Ps there are a couple of Tonks graves in Witton Cemetery, if you write to them with date of death they may be able to give you some basic info to start with.)

There are many Tonks buried in Key Hill and Warstone Lane cemeteries a death date would help me to search.

charles died 1933 his wife died 1952 louisa
his dad died 1902 he was joseph
betram 1969
frederick died 1933 aged 48
joseph aged 40 1914
harry 1944 aged 66
really love to see any stone for tonks thanks rob

I have checked the indexes for Key Hill and Warstone Lane Cemeteries and the only one I found which could be a possability is Fredrick William Tonks buried 1933 section L grave no 227. I don't think there is a memorial on the grave.

The other people could be in Witton, Yardley or Handsworth if they were on that side of Birmingham. Sorry I only have info on Key Hill and Warstone Lane cemeteries.

L227 is one of the large Public graves to the rear of the War Memorial that was recently restored.

The majority of those buried there are not recodrded upon the headstone, as it was an additional charge.

Hi,

Frederick William Tonks is buried at Warstone lane Cemetery. When his wife (Florence, formally Hodgetts) was buried in 1965 a head stone/grave was made for them both.

It reads, 'Cherished memories of our dear Mom and Dad Florence Tonks fell asleep 22nd May 1965 and Frederick Tonks'...The rest of the inscription is illegible.

Last edited:
Back