• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Tommy Ball Murder

Jen Parker

Brummie babby
Hi Everyone

I am new to this site and currently tracing my family tree. Thomas Edger Ball (Tommy Ball) was my 2nd Great Uncle from my dads side of the family. I have quite a bit of information about him and have seen threads on here that I was going to reply to but they are quite old so thought I'd start a new one in the hope someone can help me. I'm after a team photo from when Tommy played for Aston Villa if anyone can help. Also I used to have a copy of the book by Paul Lester but I have misplaced it does anyone know where I can get a copy please. I tried Amazon which is where I got it before but its not available. Any other articles and especially photos would be of great interest to me - Thanks in advance

good luck with your research...i have moved this thread to the surname interests section of the forum as you may get more response

lyn

Hi Everyone

I am new to this site and currently tracing my family tree. Thomas Edger Ball (Tommy Ball) was my 2nd Great Uncle from my dads side of the family. I have quite a bit of information about him and have seen threads on here that I was going to reply to but they are quite old so thought I'd start a new one in the hope someone can help me. I'm after a team photo from when Tommy played for Aston Villa if anyone can help. Also I used to have a copy of the book by Paul Lester but I have misplaced it does anyone know where I can get a copy please. I tried Amazon which is where I got it before but its not available. Any other articles and especially photos would be of great interest to me - Thanks in advance
Try ABEbooks online they are great for out of print or hard to get books.

Hi Everyone

Do you know when Tommy was in the team. I have just given my son a couple of books showing cigarette card of Villa players and teams from long ago uptil the late 20th C. I will ask him to look for a picture and then forward it yo you if there is one.

Do you know when Tommy was in the team. I have just given my son a couple of books showing cigarette card of Villa players and teams from long ago uptil the late 20th C. I will ask him to look for a picture and then forward it yo you if there is one.
Hi thank you 1920/21 - he was shot in November 1923

thanks for that photo john so we know that the memorial was still there in 2006

jen i dont know if you live in brum and may want to try and find it yourself but i live very close to st johns church and am quite happy to take a look to see if its still there...just let me know

lyn

Last edited:
You might want to check this other thread already on this site

thanks for that photo john so we know that the memorial was still there in 2006

jen i dont know if you live in brum and may want to try and find it yourself but i live very close to st johns church and am quite happy to take a look to see if its still there...just let me know

lyn

My sister and I were at St John's in Perry Barr in the summer of 2018 as we had the ashes of our parents and grandmother buried together there and I can confirm that the memorial was there then as we had a wander around the churchyard after the service and saw it.

Back