• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

To all members new and old. Please use the search facility.

Alberta

Super Moderator
Staff member
We are getting quite a few queries that members could find the answer to if the search facility was used.

Before posting please put either the name of place, (road, shop, workplace or surname )into the search and it will
often take you to the thread or threads on the Forum with answers for you.

Last edited:
Additionally, if you can't find a short name using the search facility, these references may be of help

Buinesses, organisations

Streets, roads, places

These can be found by going to the circled sections of the Forum
Screenshot_20231121_133059_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
totally agree with you alberta...i have also noticed how many new members are posting for help for their family research..like you we do not mind at all giving help and advise we enjoy it but only if they are prepared to also do their own research/or hit brick walls...some not all are not even subscribed to any sites such as ancestry or find my past and the newspaper archives all of which cost our members money to subscribe to but are quite happy to take advantage of our members good nature get what they want and dont even say thank you or even tick the appreciate button so that we know they have read all of our research posts..so could i also ask members to first have a go themselves...use our search engine etc and then come back to us if all else fails...it does not cost a lot for a months subscription to ancestry and the british newspaper archives

i will also add that the majority of members are always grateful of our help and keep in touch with us when they have news on their research which is lovely

thank you

lyn

Back