• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Tip on searching the IGI

Di.Poppitt

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
It has occured to me that perhaps it isn't generally known that once a birth or christening has been found on the IGI, by clicking on the Batch number of that known birth or baptism you will be taken to a clear page with the number you have clicked on in place. Fill in surname, country, and county click search and any other births or baptisms with that name will show up. They may not be related, but they often are.

Thank you Di, that is really helpful. I tried it with my Gt Grandfather Joseph Chambers and found all his siblings. :)

I also put the father and mothers first name then you know they are are their children, but I still check ;)

For earlier births, it may be worth just putting in the father's name with the batch number. Sadly, some clergy didn't seem to think that the mother's name was important enough to bother entering it! :(

Christine

Back