• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

tidy up please

no idea of the year but it says proprietors name underneath...take it this would be the landlord of the news inns if so a kellys look up would give the answer...name looks like C TASKER
Can't see anything obvious at 172 Berners street

new inns.JPG

hi folks one of our new members has posted this badly damaged photo of his nan in her shop in summer lane...could our experts please have a go at it please...many thanks

baynes shop summer lane.jpg

if its any help it was a fishing tackle shop..can see nets and rods in the background...looks like she is standing at the counter which is very damaged so could be sacrificed i guess...will leave it up to you experts i think...as said this is not an easy one

lyn

Had a quick go at the pic but struggled with it .... :rolleyes:
It seemed to me that parts of the original image had moved about. The lady's left shoulder (right in the image by the ladder) looked too wide to me so I've moved her shoulder to where I think it should be ... maybe it would look better with most of the counter cropped off ....:)
Zbbaynes shop summer lane.jpg

It seemed to me that parts of the original image had moved about. The lady's left shoulder (right in the image by the ladder) looked too wide to me so I've moved her shoulder to where I think it should be ... maybe it would look better with most of the counter cropped off ....:)
View attachment 150854
oldMohawk, that is scary clever what you guys can do! Outstanding!

View attachment 150854
very well done. om.

Nice work on the face, Jonob, but we seem to have lost some focus on the shoulders and below. I used to do a bit of this, but my eyesight is not good enough now. So, not trying to be critical, but just wondering how it came about. But both you and Phil were brave enough to try and have made a vast improvement to the original.

Maurice :cool:

Nice work on the face, Jonob, but we seem to have lost some focus on the shoulders and below. I used to do a bit of this, but my eyesight is not good enough now. So, not trying to be critical, but just wondering how it came about. But both you and Phil were brave enough to try and have made a vast improvement to the original.

Well, where to start? the picture supplied is, as well as severely damaged, not a scan but a photo of a a photo taken lain on the floor (carpet), at an angle and at 72dpi. The part that is out of focus was badly damaged and appears to be spattered with paint so the easy thing was to blur the offending parts, apart from that it was a piece of cake, regards, John.

hi folks i am sure i have asked for a repair job on this photo but i cant find it at the min so if anyone would kindly have a go again i would be most grateful...many thanks

lyn

img520.jpg

Looks as if it has been struck by an earthquake , Lyn, but nothing too serious in the way of damage, just painstaking, and my eyesight is not up to it these days!

youngest brother and sister mort...playing on home made goey and mud pies

many thanks pedro

lyn

Back