• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

tidy up please

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
hi folks....would someone kindly have a go at taking out the creases in this family photo...

many thanks...

lynimg950.jpg

img951.jpgthis one is not that bad but anything to make it a bit sharper would be much appreciated...

lyn

I wondered if you could help with this old pic? I want to have it printed on canvas but the image is too poor.
Lulu

Attachments

• Curley Family.JPG
    Curley Family.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 167
Curley Family 01.JPG
Here's an option. Others will probably do better!
(check 2nd attempt above which has had a scratch or two removed but cannot remove thumbnail below)

Attachments

• Curley Family 01.JPG
    Curley Family 01.JPG
    485.5 KB · Views: 123
Can you give any more information, Lulu, unless you prefer not to divulge? (Who/when/where?)

Chris

Ah, got it!

Well my excuse is that it was past my bedtime (22:22) and I'd just logged on, read the thread, noticed this one hadn't been responded to and promptly did as requested, not even noticing the filename :05.18-flustered:

May I ask what tool(s) the experts are using to clean up the photos ?
You guys do a great job and I wonder if you need lots of practice to do this ?

hope you dont mind me asking can anyone of you kind people help to fix the two photos i have posted the one is of myself and big brother who sadly died 9 years ago it is the only one i have of us when we were young
the other one is off all the brothers and sisters the only one i understand that that maybe to bad to do but would be gratful for anyone who could try for me thank you josiePic (782).jpgPic (1897).jpg

May I ask what tool(s) the experts are using to clean up the photos ?
You guys do a great job and I wonder if you need lots of practice to do this ?
I use Photoshop, as photography and digital film making is a serious hobby, I use the programme quite a lot.

Saying that, restoring old photographs is a skill within itself; there is quite a lot to learn, however the internet is full of tips and techniques

I have had a go with the first one, its knowing where to stop, but I think it is an improvement, besides you now have two images.

Hope it will do.Pic%20(782).jpg

Would someone care to have a go at this very old one please?. Jean.

Attachments

• 616.jpg
    616.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 120
Back