• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

tidy up please

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
hi folks....would someone kindly have a go at taking out the creases in this family photo...

many thanks...

lynimg950.jpg

img951.jpgthis one is not that bad but anything to make it a bit sharper would be much appreciated...

lyn

I wondered if you could help with this old pic? I want to have it printed on canvas but the image is too poor.
Lulu

Attachments

• Curley Family.JPG
    Curley Family.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 167
Curley Family 01.JPG
Here's an option. Others will probably do better!
(check 2nd attempt above which has had a scratch or two removed but cannot remove thumbnail below)

Attachments

• Curley Family 01.JPG
    Curley Family 01.JPG
    485.5 KB · Views: 123
Can you give any more information, Lulu, unless you prefer not to divulge? (Who/when/where?)

Chris

Ah, got it!

Well my excuse is that it was past my bedtime (22:22) and I'd just logged on, read the thread, noticed this one hadn't been responded to and promptly did as requested, not even noticing the filename :05.18-flustered:

May I ask what tool(s) the experts are using to clean up the photos ?
You guys do a great job and I wonder if you need lots of practice to do this ?

hope you dont mind me asking can anyone of you kind people help to fix the two photos i have posted the one is of myself and big brother who sadly died 9 years ago it is the only one i have of us when we were young
the other one is off all the brothers and sisters the only one i understand that that maybe to bad to do but would be gratful for anyone who could try for me thank you josiePic (782).jpgPic (1897).jpg

May I ask what tool(s) the experts are using to clean up the photos ?
You guys do a great job and I wonder if you need lots of practice to do this ?
I use Photoshop, as photography and digital film making is a serious hobby, I use the programme quite a lot.

Saying that, restoring old photographs is a skill within itself; there is quite a lot to learn, however the internet is full of tips and techniques

I have had a go with the first one, its knowing where to stop, but I think it is an improvement, besides you now have two images.

Hope it will do.Pic%20(782).jpg

Would someone care to have a go at this very old one please?. Jean.

Attachments

• 616.jpg
    616.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 120
Jean, is this a scan or a photo of a photo? its a bit difficult, not much to work with but I gave it a go for you 616.jpg

This is an actual photo Morturn. I can pick out my dad on the left and I think that is me in the front on the floor and Nan behind. Thanks.

Morturn, can my image of the Curley family be improved? Curly did a great job and I thank him. Any more would be good as I am having it printed on canvas tomorrow!

villa street pic.jpghi folks could anyone have a go at improving this pic for me please...only just been sent me and the first i have of houses on the side of villa st where i lived...my sister is second from right and if i can get a better look i think my house is visible..and i think i can make out the crown pub on the corner...

many thanks for any help as this one is special...

lyn

This is a photo of myself and my young daughter and son. As you can see it is not in very good condition. My husband has carried it around in his wallet for over 40 years. Unfortunately my son died not long after this photo was taken and we do not have many photos of him. Can anyone help me to have this photo restored or as near as possible. I would be most grateful if you could do this. If not, do you know of anyone who can help...... Many thanks Josey.Pic (1597).jpg

I know this is cheeky but if Morturn or Curly or anyone else who has the time could tidy these 3 pics I would be really grateful. I am having them printed onto canvas for my dads 70th on Saturday.
Lulu

Attachments

• Curley Stores Cooksey Rd.JPG
    Curley Stores Cooksey Rd.JPG
    990.2 KB · Views: 47
  • Gertrude Curley in her shop Cooksey Rd.JPG
    Gertrude Curley in her shop Cooksey Rd.JPG
    1,006.3 KB · Views: 46
  • Tom Curley.jpg
    Tom Curley.jpg
    345.9 KB · Views: 43
Back