• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

tidy up please

It’s pretty easy when you have the Apps. You can get excellent results, but it does take time. OldM‘s is better than mine !
(And if someone improves on the first image, it can be used and improved further if possible.)

I’ve got some wedding photos of my parents that I must have got hold of and scribbled on (when I was little!). Would it remove the pen marks?
Lynn.

Any photo can be digitally altered in a computer so we can't always believe what we see. I use the free Gimp 2.10 image editor because I don't do enough to justify buying Photoshop which is easier to use.

One thing I have noticed is when I upload a photo to 'Tidy Up' I always immediately see things I could have done better ... :rolleyes:

When I add colour to a pic I generally use a method similar to shown in Youtube. Needs occasional fast forward and watch it full screen !

Last edited:
Any photo can be digitally altered in a computer so we can't always believe what we see. I use the free Gimp 2.10 image editor because I don't do enough to justify buying Photoshop which is easier to use.

One thing I have noticed is when I upload a photo to 'Tidy Up' I always immediately see things I could have done better ... :rolleyes:

When I add colour to a pic I generally use a method similar to shown in Youtube. Needs occasional fast forward and watch it full screen !
OM, thank you so much for sharing this!

Looks tricky, but don't things look so much more modern when in colour?! Saying that I do love black and white photos.
Lynn

There is a Photoshop Fix that is free to download...
I might try that in my iPhone and iPad.
The Windows 10 built-in 'Photos' app does similar if a photo needs to be lightened, sharpened, or cropped etc.
When opened it finds every photo in your computer then you pick one to edit ...
It looks like this ... choose 'edit and create' on the menu. Needs some practice and playing with ...
Screenshot (239).jpg

lynn why not put your photos on...i am sure our members wont mind having a bash at them and with things as they are now it helps keep the little grey cells working

I might try that in my iPhone and iPad.
The Windows 10 built-in 'Photos' app does similar if a photo needs to be lightened, sharpened, or cropped etc.
When opened it finds every photo in your computer then you pick one to edit ...
It looks like this ... choose 'edit and create' on the menu. Needs some practice and playing with ...
View attachment 151904
Ilfracombe?

hi folks could someone have a go at tidying up this one for MWS please...we dont need the cross above his grandads head and there are quite a few creases...many thanks

lyn

mws family photo.jpg

• Appreciate
Reactions: MWS
great john thank you i have posted it under the labour corp thread for mark

lyn

Thank you, John. That is an excellent improvement. Can't imagine how you created the right hand side of the bottom row soldier.

Back