• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

tidy up please

never too late to join in phil...yet another great attempt...i can clearly make out glasses of beer on the table and the young lad on the right is holding an ice lolly...glad to see the old wall on the left is still there today...maybe jodie will get this one printed off for the family album..i do recognise her nan margaret on the left who was a friend of our moms...she lived a few doors down from us in villa st..if you read the villa st thread jodie has said a family trip is planned to the pub :)

lyn

Hi guys, could I ask if it is possible to make this picture a little clearer.
Thank you in anticipation, Ray.

Attachments

• IMG_9568.jpeg
    IMG_9568.jpeg
    251.7 KB · Views: 37
Lyn. Sepia and B&W versions: Unfortunately there was too much damage to the lady's blouse for me to work out what it looked like so I've dressed her in one of my own design!!! PS I've just realised that in straightening the picture I lost the lady's feet! I'll try to put them back tomorrow>

Feet re-attached!

With feet!.jpg

With feet!B&W.jpg

Last edited:
many thanks both..i guessed the 2nd photo may take time jukebox but what an improvement even without her feet

lyn

many thanks jukebox i dont know how you have done this one....it was very bad to start with...will now go and post it on the villa tavern thread for steve as its his nan

lyn

Good morning all, hope you all had a very merry Christmas Day.
Would it be possible to remove the glare from this picture, along with the red heart.
Thank you in anticipation.

Attachments

• IMG_1037.jpeg
    IMG_1037.jpeg
    186.2 KB · Views: 28
Hello, this is a pub my dad drank in during the 1950s. It’s not clear, looks a little foggy.
could it be cleaned up a little ? Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_0178.jpeg
    IMG_0178.jpeg
    236.7 KB · Views: 37
i know its a big ask but could some of our kind members have go at getting the creases out of this one please...and maybe even add the missing window etc...it is for a new member...thank you all

lyn

FS4(19a)TwoLadies,B'ham,Norths_(i).jpg

What a lovely photo, I'd say it's early Edwardian, probably around 1905 (and no later than 1910) The ladies hair is a parted pompadour style. The high collars and brooches are very typical of the period. Is it mother and daughter ? Lovely.

What a lovely photo, I'd say it's early Edwardian, probably around 1905 (and no later than 1910) The ladies hair is a parted pompadour style. The high collars and brooches are very typical of the period. Is it mother and daughter ? Lovely.
viv see from post 84 on below thread

Here's my try
1713211092376-2.jpg

Back