• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

tidy up please

OK guys, now colour it. :):)
Why stop at colour, why not go for a full Artificial Intelligence, Deep Neural Network, Generative Adversarial Network, colourised likeness!?

@Astoness Response to your post here, ta.

Astoness1.jpg

Thanks Limes, an interesting result with the individual photo. I keep looking at it and can't work out if it's made him look younger or not.

Thanks Limes, an interesting result with the individual photo. I keep looking at it and can't work out if it's made him look younger or not.

It's a still from from an animated computer generated likeness, so he's actually looking slightly away from the camera now. I tried to get the same head position but there wasn't a frame with head and eyes just right. The likeness should be the same. If anything, the process can deepen wrinkles, like crow's feet and brow furrows.

• Appreciate
Reactions: MWS
hi folks could someone take the lines out of this photo please and maybe sharpen it a tad...

many thanks for your efforts

lyn

villa cross pic house and old shop.jpg

many thanks limes that is great..

yes richard bang on...i used this shop every saturday morning when we went to the villa cross picture house...used to buy small glasses of tizer pop from there...happy days...

lyn

that is great john many thanks..the building is still there but has been empty apart from the pigeons for many years

lyn

yes thats it jukebox...i left a street view link to it on post 615 as its been in this state for some years but still standing i wonder its a listed building

lyn

wonderful john....many thanks such a pity those old houses to the right of the shop were demolished

lyn

this is a photo of leonard bradnock who passed away on 31st dec 2021 aged 94 and i am posting it for our member jackie pritchatt in the hopes that some of our experts can tidy it up and make it sharper as it may be used in the funeral service..i think it best to keep it in sepia or black and white

many thanks

lyn

bradnock photo.jpeg

Hi Lyn, thank you very much, really appreciated. Happy New Year to grandmother of two.

Kind regards

Jackie
happy to help jackie not quite a grandmother of two yet but hopefully by the end of the week and i am sure our members will want to have a go at this special photo of yours...

lyn

Last edited:
this is a photo of leonard bradnock who passed away on 31st dec 2021 aged 94 and i am posting it for our member jackie pritchatt in the hopes that some of our experts can tidy it up and make it sharper as it may be used in the funeral service..i think it best to keep it in sepia or black and white

many thanks

lyn

View attachment 165635
Late try from me, regards, John.

Attachments

• Leonard Bradnock RIP -03012022.jpg
    Leonard Bradnock RIP -03012022.jpg
    347.7 KB · Views: 27
Back