• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Thumbnail images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brummiebell

master brummie
sorry but can I ask a silly question? How do I view photos in posts shown as thumbnails. Have tried, clicking on them to no avail,please help.

Brummiebell, All images were lost when the forum was hacked , and despite the effort of members to replace these images, many will never be replaced. We have suggested that if a member would like to have specific images replaced that a request is posted on the end of the thread and hopefully the original poster or another member with a copy will be able to replace the missing image.

Colin

Brummiebell - are you saying that you are seeing the thumbnail of the picture in the post, but can't get it to be larger?
Normally, clicking on the thumbnail will enlarge the picture - it is normally opened in a separate window to the post.

If you can give me an example of a picture that you can't enlarge, I will try to investigate. [To do this, right click the post in question (not the graphic), select Properties and highlight and copy the URL that is displayed in the properties box. Then, paste the link into this thread]

Hello, I am afraid I don't get any picture at all, it looks like others have as they have posted about them. The one thread I was looking at was about buildings, and the Lewis's department store. Is it because you got hacked as a poster said or am I just doing something wrong? Regards Maria

Hi brumbell,

If you are talking about the Lewis's thread on Birmingham Buildings Past & Present" then all the photos are viewable with the exception of one that has yet to be replaced. I would warn you that some of the photos are not thumbnails and do not enlarge. It depends on by what process they were uploaded to the forum.

Sorry Phill I don't get any pictures at all just a grey box which says something like thumbnails attatched. Am I clicking on the wrong thing?? what should I be clicking on?

Brummiebell,
If a post has the following box then the image was lost in the hacking (as above post #2). If there is a missing image you wish to view post a request on the end of the thread giving the post number, it's possible someone may be able to re-post that image.

Colin

Attachments

• thumbnail.JPG
    thumbnail.JPG
    18.2 KB · Views: 8
Brummiebell,

As I said previously if you are talking about the "Birmingham Buildings Past & Present" thread then all the photos have been reposted with the exception of one. So you should be able to view them, therefore it must be a problem your end. Try using a different browser and see if that makes a difference.

Phil

I have just posted two images on the old advert thread, they look rather large. Wold it be better if I post future images as thumbnails??

Hi Stitcher, they look fine to me, many of us post full images. I usually post thumbnails if I want to put text between the images, but usually I post full.
Oldmohawk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back