• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Three Birmingham Heroes- Info needed

Briigden had three brothers who all fought in the Great War
One was captured and spent all the war in a POW camp in Germany
one was Gassed and wounded and came home to be discharged
and the other one survived
All lived at 14 Malvern St Balsall Heath

Jenny & Graham, in last night's mail (which unfortunately I threw out this morning) a great nephew of the Brigden family has come forward.
All three men had worked at Samuel Booth & Co., and a plaque had been erected at the factory, this has now been placed in the gardens of a new apartment block, built on the site of the old factory. So three more heroes are remembered.

Nice ending to the story Sylvia and the info was their all along it only need flushing out and finding

Thanks to all who helped. Glad a nephew came forward with some important information. It's a very good ending I think. I wonder how many people have reached a dead end with their enquiries re family members and other important matters that could have been uncovered very quickly by making enquiries via newspapers and the internet.

Jenny and Graham, I have just remembered that I didn't actually throw the Mail away, put my old papers in the car boot to recycle, but then it rained heavily and I couldn't be bothered. It is raining now, but I will get the paper out of the car on Monday and post the article in full.

Cromwell, you will know that the great nephew is trying to find the next of kin of his great uncle, wonder if you can help.

Back