• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Thompson Radio & Tv Handsworth

PGS4038

proper brummie kid
In the 60s I lived in Victoria Road, Handsworth. Around the corner on Nineveh Road was Thompsons radio & TV repair shop where Prashar's is now? Does anyone remember what happened to Mr Thompson from Barbados originally, or to his associates / employees who worked from there, "Whippy" was one of them and would be around 70 now? He used to build and repair the huge valve amplifiers used in Reggae soundsystems at the time, and I'm sure he was well known in the Carribean music community.

Last edited:
Back