• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Thomas William Fifield

Edifi

master brummie
Looking for were my father was born and were my mother and father lived when they first got married

MWS

master brummie
Living at 183 Inkerman St in 1939 and the Fifield family were living at 2 court 11 Inkerman St from 1922 to 1939. Though not sure if that's house 2 court 11 or house 11 court 2.

Thomas William was the son of William Thomas Fifield and Frances Gilbert.

MWS

master brummie
Info is only from selected electoral rolls and 1939 register. 1936 electoral isn't listed (you can see them at the Library of Bham) but even if you found them there's no certainty that he was born where they were living. You would need his birth certificate for that information.

Edifi

master brummie
Unfortunately he passed away in 2013 and could never find his birth certificate.Again many thanks

mikejee

Super Moderator
Staff member
It was no 2 court 11. This court was next to no 183. In 1935 William Thomas, Frances and Ernest are listed at this address. In 1939
William Thomas, Frances and Gladys are at no 2 court 11, while Thomas William and Harriet are at 183. This is from the actual scans on Midland historical data

Edifi

master brummie
Mikejee,thanks a lot.Dont know anything about The courts but 183 was on the street my gran and France's lived at 2 back of 183 .There was also Margaret my fathers sister living there