• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Thomas Lewin

carolina

master brummie
I am just reading a book by Thomas Lewin called Against the Odds - From the Slums of Summer Lane. Its really interesting especially when you live within that area. I have tried to find out more about him but cant seem to find anything. His father was called John. A follow up to the book will be coming out soon.

Last edited:
Just a follow up to my reading of Against the Odds. There are some good stories, but frankly the language leaves a lot to be desired. Its a shame because there's too much of it and I found I was skipping through the pages due to it.

Carolina. it is a coincidence that your review is exactly that of a carol Lynn Williams on amazon. i do and did apololgise for strong language and i also put a warning, Carl Chin also commented in his review about the strong language. the fact is, anyone who actually lived in the summer lane, Aston, Nechells area of Birmingham during the periods i write about used that language regularly, my latest travel books contain no language at all,- thomaslewin1- on Instagram, - but thank you for comments.

Carolina. it is a coincidence that your review is exactly that of a carol Lynn Williams on amazon. i do and did apololgise for strong language and i also put a warning, Carl Chin also commented in his review about the strong language. the fact is, anyone who actually lived in the summer lane, Aston, Nechells area of Birmingham during the periods i write about used that language regularly, my latest travel books contain no language at all,- thomaslewin1- on Instagram, - but thank you for comments.

Attachments

• IMG_20210817_130442_614.jpg
    IMG_20210817_130442_614.jpg
    347 KB · Views: 8
Back